Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Big Rock


It's been a week since our retreat. It's wild how 24 hours can feel like 3 weeks and, conversely, how one week can feek like 10 minutes. I can't believe we've been back for a week. We went to a fantastic cabin near Jackson, Ohio called Big Rock. It's goregeous there. Rolling farm land, massive rock formations, beautiful clear meadows...a perfect place to unwind. We did some hiking soon after arriving, then soaked in a hot tub before cracking into the champagne while seated on top of the big rock that overlooks the entire valley.

So, while we talked plenty about jobs and career stuff, most of our talk time focused on the big B issue. Babies. Who's having them, when, how (clearly a big issue for lesbians), etc.

I'm not good at talking about this issue in specifics yet. It's all conversations like "if I were to be the one;" "assuming it's me;" "how would we do the deed," etc. In other words, it's all very vague at the moment. It's like saying something without fully saying it. Somehow that's working best for me right now.

I am even finding it difficult to write about our conversation. It isn't easy to relay information in detail that was vague to begin with.
As I write it is occurring to me that our choice of Big Rock is quite the perfect metaphor for what it feels like for me to be staring before this decision right now. The pictures convey at least part of my thoughts on the matter.

How is it that Liv looks so at ease?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home