Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Synchronicity (Sarah McLachlan...not The Police)

I can not believe it has been nearly two years since I posted on this blog. That passage of time speaks to so many things...my long stretch of indecision, our commitment ceremony, my long stretch of indecision, my fears, my gender issues, etc.

BUT, we are nearing a decision making time and this email from Liv was exactly what I needed to get me back into the habit of posting on this blog.

So, here it is and hopefully it will be just the spark I needed to get back on here.


hey there,

i just had the craziest thing happen. i was opening the shed and putting my shuffle on and i was thinking about the day when i was riding to work and heard that cindy lauper song that totally made so much sense and made me think about what we had been going through at that point. well, i had this weird feeling something similar was going to happen today as soon as i rounded the bend onto findlay a really pretty sarah mclaughlin song came on. i heard the piano and turned it up loud and somehow knew it was going to reflect what was going on with us right now. so she starts singing "open up your morning light, say a little prayer for I" and then it goes on,

"she had two babies. one was six months one was three..."
and then at the end of that verse,
"would her son grow up to know his father"

at which point i totally started getting chills. i'm thinking, yes -- that's exactly what we want to know!!! and then,
"I don't want to wait for our lives to be over,
I want to know right now what it will be
I don't want to wait for our lives to be over,
will it be yes or will it be no."

crazy!! it was so weird that it was exactly what i was thinking about this morning. anyway, i kept waiting for her to sing us the answer. like

"she decided that,
she should get some unknown sperm,
shoot it up there and be done
she don't want to wait
for all those tests to be over..."

anyway, it was just crazy though. it did make me think i am really excited to get started with you though!! i hope we figure all this out soon. i am glad we are seeing penny tonight!

love you,
me

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home